Copyright

All images are the sole property of the moderator. You are welcome to enjoy but please respect international copyright law.

Saturday 13 November 2010

Palermo, Sicily

The urban heart of Sicily took me by surprise.  
I'm not sure what I expected but what I found was an attractive sophisticated urban landscape easily the equal 
of any other major centre I have seen. 
Modes of tourist transportation range from 
the functional to the romantic.
 Detail of the Teatro Massimo, The largest opera house in Italy and third in size behind Paris and Vienna.   A centrepiece of Palermo.  For more information about this magnificent structure, it's history and upcoming events visit the homepage of Teatro Massimo itself or Wikipedia.


                                                 Open for business

No comments: